Should I Study Foundation Year?
Compare to A Level, the Foundation Year course is a shorter (one year) course, which is more targeted and focused. It allows you to focus on one or two subjects which are directly related to your dream university major. Foundation Year students usually are guaranteed a place at the partner universities.
Foundation Year program is suitable for you if you -
- just graduate from Secondary school, e.g. O level, GCSE, Year 11; or
- need preparation for an unfamiliar subject, e.g. Law or Psychology; or
- completed A level or IB but didn’t meet requirements for your dream university.
Foundation Year program is not suitable for you if you -
- want to apply to Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, LSE or Imperial College; or
- have no idea at all about what subject area you want to study at university; or
- want to study a subject which usually doesn’t recognize foundation year.
Advice from Us
Not sure if foundation year is suitable for you? There are a few suggestions:
- Contact a consultant – this the easiest & fastest way to get help!
- Consider what you want to study in a university. If you don’t qualify for entering the program directly, usually you should study a foundation year program.
- Try the course search engine on the right. It’s handy! –>
Are You in Singapore? You are eligible for our free service.
We are the one-stop centre in Singapore for university & visa application. Funded by universities, our services are free for all students in Singapore. Talk to us today to get advice on your study plan and assistance on your application.
Call (+65) 6737 6734, or complete the form below